Exhibitor Rules and Regulations
- Exhibits will be closed while judging is taking place. Beef Cattle will be judged on Friday. Sheep and Dairy Cattle judging will take place on Saturday. Goats will be judged on Sunday.
- Exhibitors passes will be on sale at the Youth Building on Wednesday and Thursday the week of the fair. Each exhibitor will be allowed to purchase one pass package. The package is good for admission to the fair on Friday, Saturday and Sunday and will cost $25.00.
- All committees except Bakery will be open to accept entries on Wednesday from 6:00 to 9:00pm and on Thursday from 1:00 to 9:00pm. Exceptions are:
- Youth will only accept entries until 8:00pm on Thursday.
- Bakery exhibits will only accept entries on Thursday from 6:00 to 9:00pm.
- All exhibitors must bring exhibits on the days and times listed.
- All articles and animals exhibited must be bona fide property of the exhibitors.
- All vegetables, farm produce, fruits, etc. must be grown by the exhibitor during the current growing season. Exhibits in every department must be on the grounds all three days of the Fair to receive premium money.
- No exhibit shall be removed from the fairgrounds until the close of the Fair except by the written order of the Superintendent of the department in which such exhibit is entered. Entries must remain on exhibition until 6:30 p.m. on Sunday.
- The Berlin Fair will not be held responsible for the loss of any article, bird or animal (exhibited at the Fair) either during the progress of the Fair, or while it is en-route to or from the Fair. The Berlin Fair will not be held responsible for any damage to any exhibit while at the Fair, or after or before it is at the Fair, nor will it be held responsible for the safe return of any exhibit to its owners, although due care and caution will be exercised to prevent all loss and damage.
- No exhibitor will be allowed to interfere with judges while in discharge of their duties and any person so interfering will be excluded from competition.
- No judge shall be eligible for prizes in any class where he will serve as judge.
- Entries will close at 9:00 p.m. Thursday except for the Juniors building which will close at 8:00 p.m.
- Cattle entries – In state entries accepted after August 15th – Out of state entries accepted after August 18th.
- Sheep entries will close on September 1st or when the barn is full. Notify Superintendent of Departments with space limitations so ample space can be reserved for your exhibit. All entries must be received by the dates listed.
- Where there is no competition, each animal or article will be judged and, placed according to its merits unless otherwise stated.
- Premiums awarded may be liable to pro rated reduction sufficient to meet any deficiency that may occur.
- Premiums will be paid by cash on Saturday and Sunday at 1:00 p.m. at the premium office (located behind Fair Headquarters). You may donate your premium money to the Lions Charities Fund. All premiums not requested by October 15th of the fair year will be considered donations with our deepest appreciation.